Graphic designers now among film and TV workers who can get expedited work permits

October 14, 2021

By CIC News |

If you are a graphic designer working on a live-action film or TV show, coming to Canada just became easier.

Canada recognizes the value film and TV production contributes to the national economy. IRCC is making it simpler for graphic designers who work on films or TV to come to Canada. As of September 10, 2021, these people no longer need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) in order to get a Canadian work permit. This policy will last until March 9, 2022.

If you are a graphic designer wishing to come to Canada, or an employer wishing to hire under this policy, you need to apply on or after September 10, 2021. However, you can still benefit if you already came on a work permit but apply to renew it on or after September 10.

This work permit might be for you if you intend to work on at least one named live-action television or film productions being filmed in whole or in part in Canada. This can be at the pre-production, production or post-production stage.

You will also have to provide a letter from the employer, or an authorized representative of the employer.

Read more