Volunteer Connections – Mentoring Opportunities
Agency: Immigrant Services Society of BC (ISSofBC)
- Settlement Mentors: Connect with a volunteer settlement mentor who can assist as you settle in Canada. Services include information on Canadian culture and workforce practices, accompaniment to events, English language practice and friendship.
- Volunteering in Action Mentors: Learn what it’s like to volunteer in your community with the assistance of an ISSofBC volunteer. You will work together at community events to help build your confidence and become an active member of society.
- Learning in Action Mentors: In partnership with LINC, ISSofBC connects students with volunteer mentors for three months. During this time, you will explore the community, learn about Canadian culture, practice English and increase your community involvement.
Client Profile / Eligibility Criteria
Newcomers who have been in Canada for less than five years receive priority assistance. We can serve newcomers that fit into any of the following immigration status:
- Permanent Residents of Canada
- Protected Persons as defined in S. 95 of IRPA
- Individuals who have been selected to become permanent residents, and who have been informed, by a letter from CIC
- Live-in Caregivers
- Temporary foreign workers
- Provincial nominees who are still awaiting a letter of approval for permanent residency from CIC
- Naturalized Canadian Citizens
Call or visit in person
Start Dates / Duration
Program Fee: Free
Contact: Jackie Dion, Volunteer Coordinator
Phone: (604) 395-8000
#207 – 7355 Canada Way
Burnaby, V3N 3J4