Serving LGBTQ2S+ Newcomers: A Community Forum
With our ongoing commitment to building an exceptionally welcoming and inclusive city, the BIPT along with its partners is proud to host “Serving LGBTQ2S+Newcomers: A Community Forum”. This forum aims to provide service providers with an opportunity to:
- Learn and build awareness of LGBTQ2S+ newcomer experiences
- Discuss the current barriers and challenges faced by LGBTQ2S+ newcomers when accessing services
- Build strategies to improve services for LGBTQ2S+ newcomers
- Have a dialogue on the need for safety and belonging across all gender expressions, ethnicities, ages, cultures, histories, etc.
- Build awareness of the impact and role of intersectionality in the everyday experiences of LGBTQ2S+ community members
We look forward to seeing you at the forum.
|Date||March 2, 2018|
|Time:||8.30am to 2.00pm|
|Venue:||Burnaby Central Secondary School,
Room A206 (Across from the main office)
6011 Deer Lake Parkway, Burnaby
Light breakfast and lunch will be served.Register today; limited seats.