Rental Assistance Program
Agency: BC Housing
The Rental Assistance Program provides eligible low-income, working families with cash assistance to help with monthly rent payments.
Client Profile / Eligibility Criteria
Families may be eligible to for the Rental Assistance Program if they meet the following criteria:
- Some or all of your annual household income must come from employment.
- You have a gross annual household income of $35,000 or less.
- You have at least one or more dependent children.
- You have less than $100,000 in assets.
- You file an annual income tax return.
- You pay more than 30 per cent of your household income towards rent for your home, or pay pad rental for a manufactured home (trailer) that you own and occupy.
- You have lived in British Columbia for the full 12 months immediately preceding the date of application.
- You meet the residency requirements for the program.
Visit the program website for the detailed registration process. A brochure, providing information on who is eligible and how to apply for housing, is available in English, Punjabi, Spanish and Vietnamese.
Start Dates / Duration
Office hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (closed statutory holidays)
Program Fee: See the amount of assistance on the website
Phone: (604) 433-2218
Fax: (604) 439-4729