Professional Qualification Program (PQP)
Agency: Simon Fraser University
- designed to orient new Canadians or teachers requiring updating to the cultural, social and political contexts of BC schools through a combination of seminar and in-school experience
- this program is comparable in scope to the Professional Development Program (PDP) but has been specifically developed for individuals with previous teaching experience and qualifications from outside Canada
Client Profile / Eligibility Criteria
- foreign trained teachers who have certificates in secondary schools or elementary schools in their native countries
- pass the Teacher Regulation Branch’s assessment of educational background
- all applicants to PQP must be eligible for admission to SFU: consult http://students.sfu.ca for links to SFU admissions requirements
Need to take an evaluation before applying to the program. Call contact number or visit website for detailed procedures and information session dates.
Start Dates / Duration
12 months full-time program based at SFU Surrey. PQP starts every 2 years beginning in January.
Program Fee: The approximate cost is currently $8000.00 for the twelve month program.
Contact: France Verret, Special Programs Advisor
Phone: (778) 782-8128
Fax: (778) 782-8119
Faculty of Education, SFU – Surrey Campus
250 – 13450 – 102 Avenue
Surrey, V3T 0A3