The Career Focus program supports eligible participants in obtaining work placements varying from 17 to 26 weeks in Computer and Information Systems sectors.
The program helps youth to gain valuable work experience and build confidence in their skills with the support of a workplace mentor to successfully transition into the Labour Market.
The services offered through this program are:
- Client match with potential employers
- Support during the work placement
- Experience Canadian work place environment
- Connecting with employment related programs as needed
Client Profile / Eligibility Criteria
- 15 to 30 years of age (at time of selection)
- A post-secondary graduate
- Out of school
- A Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Person on whom refugee status has been confirmed
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
Call contact number
Start Dates / Duration
Support obtaining a paid work placements (varies from 17 to 26 week)
Program Fee: FREE
Contact: Priya Pandit
Phone: (604) 708-9300
2555 Commercial Dr.
Vancouver, V5L 3Y2